Vermouth Barrel Aged Wine Vinegar
One of our most exotic barrel aged wine vinegars, Vermouth has an exceptionally elegant aroma and flavor. In its original state, Vermouth is a fortified and aromatized apéritif wine that displays a wonderful botanical medley of spices, roots, and herbs. It is traditionally used in martinis and other legendary cocktails; however, it is also a fantastic ingredient to have in the kitchen. Indeed, it was Julia Child’s favorite wine to cook with and to sip on! Our incredible producers have turned this classic wine into a delightful barrel aged vinegar with a hint of white grape must that can be used anywhere you would normally use wine vinegar in cooking. Herbaceous, spicy, dry, and slightly woodsy, it is exceptionally delicious in pan sauces for fish and poultry, but do try it with pork chops and in salad dressings.
- Turn simple seared chicken breasts or pork tenderloin into something special by stirring in a few splashes of Vermouth vinegar into the pan sauce. Season with salt and pepper, spoon over meat, and serve.
- Add a tablespoon of the Vermouth into the broth of clams or mussels to intensify the flavor.
- Combine with a Medium Premium EVOO, garlic, rosemary, honey, salt, and pepper and use to marinate pork chops before grilling.
- Combine with Porcini and Sage Olive Oil to dress sauteed or grilled wild mushrooms and serve over mixed greens.
- Combine with your favorite citrus infused olive oil to dress sauteed or steamed green beans.
- Combine with a Mild Super Premium EVOO and drizzle over cannellini beans; finish with minced fresh herbs.
- Use to deglaze the pan after sauteing pearl onions.
- Combine with Rosemary Olive Oil and a Dijon Mustard to dress roasted potatoes; finish with minced chives.