Pinot Grigio Aged Wine Vinegar
This wine vinegar is made using the Orléans method, developed in the 14th century. To start fermentation, oak barrels of wine are inoculated with a “mother of vinegar”—a cellulose glob loaded with acetic acid bacteria from an established vinegar. Periodically, vinegar is drawn off and fresh, high quality Pinot Grigio wine is added; the process continues until all the alcohol is converted into acetic acid. This meticulous method makes for the most flavorful wine vinegar because it gives the flavor compounds time to develop and mature. Made in northern Italy, this vinegar is very well suited for pickle brines or to brighten butter-based sauces. Its smooth and subtlety sweet flavor provides an unobtrusive foundation for delicate citrus vinaigrettes.
• Combine with any Seasons Premium EVOO or infused olive oil to dress your favorite salads.
• Combine with a Medium Premium EVOO and Dijon mustard to dress a Nicoise salad.
• Use in braises.
• Use in homemade mayonnaise.
• Use to pickle vegetables.
• Drizzle over stewed or roasted carrots and sprinkle with Seasons Turkish Seasoning.
• Use in your favorite “Beurre Blanc” recipe and serve with fish, poultry,or vegetables.