Basil Agrumato Olive Oil
ABOUT THE PRODUCT
The fresh sweet flavor of Basil is achieved by the whole-herb crushing process, which cannot be duplicated by the more common infusion method of other herb-flavored oils. Whole fresh sweet Italian basil leaves are crushed together with olives in the traditional cold-extraction method to capture the essential oils of the basil in the resulting extra virgin olive oil.
The highly fragrant and fresh sweet basil flavor of this oil will be excellent to finish your pasta, tomato salad, and Caprese salad.
- Brush on Italian bread, especially focaccia or ciabatta then grill.
Drizzle over chopped fresh tomatoes for bruschetta and finish with Traditional 18 Year dark balsamic.
- Combine with any of our suggested vinegar pairings for the most delectable vinaigrette or marinade.
- Spread whipped ricotta cheese over a slice of grainy bread and drizzle with Basil olive oil.
- Toss with whole wheat pasta, peas and roasted asparagus.
- Drizzle over pizza.
- Use to make basil aioli and use as a condiment with seafood or vegetables, especially artichokes, asparagus and haricot verts.